Saturday, August 16, 2008

Taste Bud Cravings!

I’m always in search of great recipes. I have two specific reasons for the search. First, I like to try new things and change up the menu. Secondly, I collect certain recipes for when my mom comes to visit so we can try them together. I always look forward to my mom’s visits, and a few days before she arrives I go to the store and get all the ingredients needed. My mom is a great cook and I look forward to eating foods that normally my husband does not like to eat. It’s always a plus for Jayce because he gets to eat his favorite, PUMPKIN PIE. I prefer to cook and eat foods in their natural origin. For the most part, we generally eat healthy. Sometimes we do splurge on junk food and chocolate is always a favorite!

Today, I desperately wanted to eat something healthy and tasty. It seemed like this past week, we did not eat so healthy and my taste buds have been craving good, healthy, food. So, I came across this easy recipe, I cooked it up, and my taste buds were pleased! The recipe is Oven Baked Carrot Fries. It tasted so good and was extremely easy to make. Unfortunately, I had to use plain orange carrots, but I would love to try it with the purple carrots shown in the picture. If someone tries it, please let me know how it turns out. The recipe is as follows:
A big bunch of farmers' market purple carrots, washed, trimmed, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Heat oven to 375. Cut each carrot in half. Toss the entire bunch in a bowl with a couple glugs of olive oil. Arrange cut side down in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt. Bake for 30 minutes or until carrots are golden brown where they touch the pan.*

All in all, I was happy that I found something easy, quick, and healthy to eat. I was also especially happy because I found another recipe to try when my mom comes for her next visit. Now, for this one, you will have to brace yourself… Ready?!
Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte Recipe, it is from The Cake Bible by Rose Beranbaum. The recipe only has 3 ingredients; however, it does have a lot of side notes and regrettably too many for me to list, so I am showing a picture. I will let you know how it turns out after my mom’s next visit. If you come across this recipe and make it, please let me know how it tastes. If you have any recipes to share, please pass them along. I’ll try to post more recipes as well.





*recipes taken from 101cookbooks.com