Monday, August 25, 2008

Desserts And Disaster

Jayce will be home soon from school. Today was the first day and I am excited to hear all about it. Since this morning was unpredictable, we did not have our usual “first day of school” routine. My neighbor is home resting, she and baby are doing fine.

Last night, I made Jayce some celebration cupcakes. It was red-velvet cake, with cherries and chocolate curls. Everything was from scratch. I was ecstatic because it was the first time I made chocolate curls myself, and it turned out perfect!!!

Before hand, I did not have all the ingredients so I made numerous amounts of trips back and forth to the tiny commissary here in housing. It’s the “baby brain”, I’m very forgetful! Come on’ moms, you know you have had “baby brain”, too.

When I had the finished product… It was a great feeling!! All my trips paid off. I took a picture, because of course; they looked stunning and tasted spectacular. I loaded up most of the cupcakes in the caddy for Will to take to work the next day, and when I went to place them in the fridge, they all tumbled over!!

NOOOOO!!! I kept thinking.. This really did not happen, did it?? I just lost all my cool mom points!

Sadly, yes. I spent over two hours making them and it crushed me to see them all smashed together. As a result, they landed in the trash. On a positive note, Jayce had saved his two cupcakes for later! I had also made a banana dessert for the “radiology crew” at Will’s work.

In the end, I still smiled.