Friday, August 29, 2008

The Fashion Capital Of The World

As I mentioned before we are planning a trip. We have not decided where as of yet. Since we have been trying to decide where to go, I was looking back at the pictures from a trip earlier in the year. When I was almost 9 months pregnant I went on a shopping trip to Milan, Italy with the girls. We had a blast! Milan is beautiful and I loved the Galleria and everything being centered on fashion and style. When I went shopping in Milan, I had a purpose. I was in search of a designer handbag that I could double as a diaper bag for the baby. (I did not want an ordinary diaper bag) I have an obsession for fashion and being in Milan and watching fashion shows was incredible. I was excited because I actually watched a photo shoot in front of the Prada store. (I love Prada too) My husband can concur to that! Anyhow, I didn’t find a handbag to double as a diaper bag, but I did buy me an Emporio Armani handbag that is super cute!

Since I was in the fashion capital of the world and could not find what I was looking for, I gave up. I searched and searched the internet, but nothing. After the baby was born, my friend bought me a really cute bag that matched the stroller perfectly. I have been using it all spring and summer. Well, a couple of weeks ago I went shopping and was looking in the handbag section and this leather bag came into my view. It was just what I needed and had been looking for and it is perfect for the fall and winter! Oh, the diva in me was very happy! It’s a great handbag. I actually like it as much as my Prada handbags, which are currently in the cloth protectors in the top of my closet.

Ladies, if you have infatuation for handbags as much as I do, check out this designer, Francesco Biasia, he’s an Italian designer. The handbags are of great quality, I’m very pleased.

Other than shopping, we did do other things in Milan. (I know it’s probably hard to believe). We also did some site seeing. Before heading to Milan we went to Lake Como, Italy and went on a boat tour. It is a beautiful lake with breath-taking views. It was in February when I went, so it was a bit unpleasantly cold. I hope we can make it back sometime in the spring. We also went to the Duomo Cathedral, which is the 3rd largest Cathedral in the World. Words cannot describe how magnificent this place is. It also smelled incredible. In addition, we went to the Sforzesco Castle and the Opera House. Both places are amazing structures. I took pictures of the Castle; however, the tour guide did not allow pictures of the Opera House.

After Milan we went to Switzerland, which has the best chocolate in the WORLD called Milka, by chocolatier Philippe Suchard. When I looked at the packaging it showed, Kraft Foods. But, I guess over the years Kraft bought the recipe. I don’t know the exact history. Regardless, if you ever get your hands on this, it’s delicious. Of course, we did more shopping in Switzerland then back to Sicily. I’ve included some pictures of my new handbag, which the inside is so fun looking! LOVE it! I also included some pictures of Milan, Italy.