Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reflection And Faith

Life is comparable to a book. There are many chapters in our life, some we would like to erase and rewrite, others we would like to read over and over again, and some we are enthusiastically anticipating. I’ve been working on a paper about reflection in one of my classes, and I have been doing a great deal of reflecting in my personal life.

I am a spiritual person and I feel that I have a purpose in life to fulfill. I love being a wife and mother, and I don’t think anything compares to the nurture and love I provide to my children. For the most part, I’ve always had a J-O-B outside the home. Some of these jobs, I loved. Some of them, I will never ever work again.

Lesson learned.

I’ve always had a desire to have a family and a career. I’ve managed to embrace the family part, but the career part; I had to do some serious soul searching, not to mention praying. (Tons of praying) Which led me to where I am today, pursuing my Bachelors degree in Education.

In the beginning, I had to face many fears of returning back to college. Was I ready to go back? Did I really want to be a teacher? I had these questions and many more racing through my mind. At that point, I realized I had to have faith and believe in myself.

Yes, FAITH.

So, you dream and the way will be clear. Pray and the angels will hear. Leap and the net will appear. (These are a few lines in a beautiful song about taking risk and making better choices.)

This afternoon, I was telling a friend that I can envision myself as a teacher. (A really GREAT teacher) Most importantly, I’m happy.

Sweet!

My search for my best life and self is NOW satisfied. I’m looking forward to the next chapter of my life!

The photo below was taken during one of my ultrasounds. When I watched the above video and she was talking about “The Zen’s”, it reminded me of this moment in the ultrasound room. During the scan, Lana held up her arms as if she was meditating and the ultrasound tech. and I laughed, then she typed ZEN TIME! Great moment!