Monday, May 11, 2009

Two Post In One

Eventful Morning
This morning was pretty eventful for me. Lana had breakfast and within minutes after eating we were out the door at 6:45 am. During our drive on the curvy and bumpy mountain roads Lana experienced motion sickness. Consequently, I had to pull over and get her cleaned up as well as, clean the car seat, and the seating area next to her. At that moment, I was so thankful that I was prepared and equipped with antibacterial wipes, towels, extra clothes, baby wipes, chuck pads, diaper, and plastic bags. Whew… It made the drive back home less stressful.

I called my host teacher to let her know what had happened and that I was going to take Lana home and give her a bath plus give the car another scrub down, and afterwards I would be in the classroom to assist her. Instead, she insisted that I stay home, and I willingly accepted her thoughtfulness!! After arriving home I gave Lana a bath then she played outside while I gave the car a major scrub down. Lana had lunch then down for a nap at 12:00 pm.


As Lana was peacefully sleeping, I exerted all my energy on a major assignment for one of my classes. When Lana had awakened at 2:00 pm, I welcomed the break from studying and we spent most of the afternoon outdoors enjoying the beautiful Sicilian sun! First, Lana and I went for a walk and then we stopped by the park. The parks and common areas in housing are pretty nice as you might remember from my small tour on this post: military housing Italian style.


Let me tell you, Lana is too cute because just as her feet hit the ground, she went as fast as she could to go play. This girl loves to be on the go and she thoroughly enjoyed being at the park, especially the swing!!
Next, we stopped off at the little market and pick up some fresh strawberries to eat!
Don’t those strawberries look delicious? Believe me; they tasted just as delicious as they appear in the picture. Lana's expressions provide the proof!

Lana ate some bananas with her strawberries!! mmmmm~yummy~
We called it a day after we stopped by our neighbor’s house and chatted for a bit. In the meantime, Lana had dinner and another bath, read some books and now sleeping serenely in her bed. It’s 7:00 pm. BJ and Jayce are on their way home from Jayce’s baseball game. They received their new uniforms and had pictures taken before the game. (I’ll post some of what BJ took at the game later this week).

Monday Memories

Oh- I almost forgot. As I was holding and hugging Lana before I put her to bed, I glanced over at a picture of my Grandmother, and at that moment, decided I would start a new Monday post thing called, Monday Memories. I’m going to kick this off with that photograph of my Grandmother. Be sure to check back next week because I’m going to share a picture of Regina (BJ’s mom). Her birthday was recently and because I did not have my blog going at that time I did not get a chance to provide birthday wishes to her, so I thought I would make up for it next week. Now, I’m back to my assignment.

This photo was taken my grandmother’s senior year of high school. She was such a lovely lady. When I scanned the picture I kept it in the original frame-I don’t think it has ever been removed.