Friday, May 29, 2009

Fashion Friday

“The difference between style and fashion is quality”
Giorgio Armani
My grandmother was a very unique lady. She had a heart as pure as gold. I miss my grandmother. My family is very close and it was due to my grandmother. Her home was the central gathering spot. She was always cooking great southern food and there were always family members there to hang out with.

I remember driving up the street to her house and about halfway up the block you would begin to see the cars lined up along the street. It did not matter the time or day you stopped by, there were always family and friends coming and going. I miss my family.

My grandmother loved to take all of us shopping!! She loved to pamper family! When preparing my dorm room for college my grandmother insisted that I get quality bed linens and the cotton and thread count had to have certain values. While shopping she would have me feel the different linens for cool crispness or softness, and she would talk about the durability, comfort in all seasons, color fading and so on.

When my husband and I first married we could not afford the type of bed linens that my grandmother had first bought me. So, I would just pick up whatever I could find on sale or sometimes I would get the bed in a bag type deal.

During one of our military moves we downgraded from our king size bed to a queen. At that point, I decided that I was going to follow my grandmother’s advice (she was full of wisdom- I knew I would not be making a mistake) and buy the bedding my grandmother spoke of so many years prior.

I shopped everywhere. I searched the internet. I would buy something and bring it home and then I would return it because it did not fit the mood I was looking for. I have such a beautiful four post bed; I needed the most perfect bed linens. One day, I went inside Yves Delorme Paris and it was there that I found the perfect bed linens including a duvet cover, down comforter, and two large down pillows along with accent pillows. I was thrilled to say the least! I purchased the 400 thread count Egyptian cotton and I was so happy to have found all that I needed. I don’t think I will ever buy bed linens elsewhere. Yves Delorme Paris truly encompasses all the qualities my grandmother told me to look for when buying bed linens. My grandmother would be very pleased with me! I wish my grandmother was still living so that I could thank her for all the advice she had given me and most importantly, I would tell her how much I loved her.

I refused to buy bed linens until I found what I wanted, so for while this is what our bed looked like. I just used some old quilts and such which we still use occasionally to wrap up in on the couch on cool nights.


This photo was taken as I was making the bed. Don't the linens look beautiful?


This photo was taken as I was making the bed. Next, I added the accent pillows and placed the duvet cover over the down comforter.

Such a comfortable and luxurious bed we sleep in now! It's like sleeping in the clouds!

BJ took this funny picture of us sleeping a few years ago. Hey, look at Jayce’s arm, GO SOONERS!

So sweet, my two babies in a peaceful nap last year after they returned from Paris.

BJ himself sleeping like the king he is in royalty. As you can see he is enjoying his rest. Over the years these bed linens have lasted. It has been such a worthy investment for quality, value, and more importantly, always a peaceful night sleep. Jayce would always say he wanted to sleep in our bed, so I ended up buying him some quality bed linens. I hope you experience a peaceful rest as well.