Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's All About Dough

About a month ago, we went to Dough. It is an authentic Italian Pizzeria located in San Antonio. Many of you have asked me how it favors so I thought I would give my two cents. It's the sort of offbeat thing I'd argue is worth a minute or two of your time. It was true to its colors in respect to being authentic Italian pizza. It had the pizza ovens from Naples, same cheese, same texture, the whole shebang of true Italian culture right here in Texas. We often laugh at places that say they are authentic because in reality they do not compare, however, I can arguably compare the authentically of Dough to Italy because we had plenty of Italian pizza while living in Sicily. The real question to ask, do you like the American take on pizza or Italian style? American pizza is usually thicker, more cheese, ample amount of sauce with deep flavors. Italian pizza is undeniably thin, more natural tasting tomato sauce applied minimally. I can say that Italian pizza is most often doused with a vast amount of olive oil and Dough did not compare in that manner, as we had no olive oil on the pizza.


After being seated, Lana was given some dough to knead for her very own pizza. I thought that was a fun and interesting way to entertain kids, not the usual crayons and paper menu.


Mr. I’m always hungry is ready to experience again some Italian pizza!


The appetizer and bread (not shown) was extremely good. In my opinion, better than the cheese pizza. However, we added pepperoni to one pizza and it was good.


My mom visited us in Italy, and on this trip to San Antonio, she joined in for the comparison of Dough.

Lana is a funny girl, she enjoyed eating the dough as much as kneading it!


Some would say, Italian pizza is delizioso…. But, if you travel to San Antonio, and have never tasted “true” Italian pizza then splurge and decide for yourself which take on pizza you prefer.   My personal opinion, both are delicious in their own way.