Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Olympic Material

I know I have already made a post today, but I just had to share this…. so funny! Okay, those of you who know my husband know what a sports fanatic he is.. Not just one particular sport, but ALL SPORTS!! There is not anything this guy has not attempted, played, or mastered.

Thinking back, while on a date when we were just teenagers we stumbled upon a fortune telling machine, and his read something like.. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, you have a sunny disposition and are OLYMPIC MATERIAL!! Oh-boy, he still has an ego trip over that one… LOL… because I am frequently reminded and I quote, “You married Olympic material baby!!”

Well, my husband received an early birthday gift and he’s been putting it to great use!!!

We have always ridden bikes and it’s something we all enjoy doing together, but now it has become a new obsession for my husband. I think he wants to join the Tour de France!! All these years prior he would just ride a “normal bike” for fun, but since we have moved to Europe, it has become a quest for him to be a marathon bike rider. I do tease him, but that is only because I think he’s cute… It is actually a great workout and since he’s soon to be another year older, he needs all the low impact he can get!! I love ya babe… If the truth be told, he just can’t keep up with my running!

Oh, I forgot to mention… Ever since the LIVESTRONG bracelets became available, Jayce and BJ have worn them religiously. In time, they had worn down and we could not find any here in Sicily, but when BJ went to the states over spring break he brought back enough to last a lifetime. What a great cause to support!! What causes are you supporting?