Friday, November 21, 2008

Jayce & Grandma's Spyro Fun!

Wow, I can’t believe it is almost Thanksgiving.. Where has the time gone? I’ve been thinking a great deal about family. It just hit me this morning that this year will be the first year that I will not spend either Thanksgiving or Christmas with my mom. Even all the years that we have been living away from our family members, my mom has always been with us to celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving. Boy ol’ boy, Jayce is really going to miss his grandma’s pumpkin pie and their annual event of “Spyro”, which consist of staying up all night and day for the duration of his grandma’s visit and playing SPYRO on PS2. Jayce always says he has the greatest grandma in the world because he has not met too many grandmas that like to play Spyro for all eternity—which is no joke because this has been going on for the last 10 years. What is really funny is Spryo just released or will release their 10th anniversary game this year. LOL!! Below is a picture of Jayce and one of his grandma's (my mom) playing Spryro. We lived in North Carolina at the time.

The picture below is of Jayce acting like one of the characters in the game. He's shaking his bootie because on the game they would call this particular section bootie-land due to when Spyro would flame the bad guys, they would shake their booties and run. Jayce and my mom would crack up and then Jayce would pretend he was shaking his bootie like in the picture below.

We always hold a special place in our hearts for family. The most difficult aspect of living a “military life” is not always having the opportunity to be close to family. Even though we don’t always get to spend the holidays with family, we make the most of the day all the same with just us. We eat tons of food, play games or throw around the football, relax, have many laughs, eat more food, and take a power nap to give us some energy of putting up the Christmas tree, which has always been a tradition to decorate it on Thanksgiving. *hint*hint, to Will.. He needs to get the decorations totes accessible for us because Thanksgiving Day is approaching soon.

As a child, my family would all gather at my grandmother’s house and there would always be so many people coming and going. Besides all the great food and company, my family would go outside and play football. I know there are many video’s of us, which I would love to watch again someday. I can remember being the player that hiked the ball, and a few times I scored a touchdown. Sometimes it would be really cold or snowing, and other times we would be wearing shorts-that’s crazy Oklahoma weather for ya! All in all, it was some good-times!! Speaking of football and Oklahoma, I’ll end this post with this picture of my Uncle Dave and my mom. This picture was taken at my grandma’s house many years ago (1988).