Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Celebration Kick-off!

Good Morning, I just wanted to make a quick post before Lana woke up. The boys left awhile ago for school and work. I’m just busy doing laundry. Nothing too exciting this morning going on! Though, I am excited about Halloween…. It’s one of my favorite days of the year! I love the autumn season… the changing of the leaves, the weather becoming cooler, going to the state-fairs, and of course the new fall clothing trends and handbags!!

Since Halloween is quickly approaching and I have been trying to decide what to make for Lana. I’ve been looking at old photos of Jayce and our past Halloween experiences. Over the past few days I will share some pictures from our past Halloween moments.

Thinking of past-experiences, last year, BJ was back in the states so he was not here with us, but Jayce and I volunteered at the trunk-or-treat on base and passed out candy. We dressed up for that event. The really great thing about our Halloween experiences here in Sicily is that the Italian children come to our housing area to trick or treat! They bus approximately 200 kids into housing with their families, and the Italians have very big families!!! It’s an immense way for us to interact with them and share a moment of our traditions with them. The kids are so cute trying to say," trick-or-treats." They LOVE American candy!! Some of them dress up, but the majority do not wear costumes. We had a great time passing out candy.. I’m looking forward to this year and BJ being here to see all the Italian children trick or treating.

Well, Lana is awake now so I will need to post more later, but here is a picture of Jayce to kick off our Halloween/Fall celebration week… Jayce was 7 years old and we were living in Portsmouth, Virginia when BJ was in Nuclear Medicine School at the Naval School of Health Sciences. I made Jayce’s costume and he was a black widow spider. In this photo he did not have the face paint on, but later we added face paint. We had a blast that night in Olde-Towne.