Friday, June 17, 2011

Going Apes For Banana Pudding


I know you all love a good dessert, so I felt compelled to share this banana pudding with you. We all know that banana pudding is an easy-going summer dessert, with little effort. I should add that this recipe has a bit of a twist though from standard banana pudding. Honestly, it doubles the calories and fat content, but it is so rich and creamy a little is very satisfying.

My lil’ helper, Lana, enjoyed sneaking bananas every time I cut some.


I was short one box of Chessmen cookies so I had to scale back a little. Nonetheless, it still tasted good. I set the pudding in layers between crumbled cookies and bananas.


The more I cut bananas, the more Lana ate…


She also enjoyed a cup of milk.


First, I combined milk & pudding mix and blended. In a separate bowl, I combined cream cheese & sweetened condensed milk together until smooth. Next, I folded  cool whip into the cream cheese mixture. Lastly, I combined the two bowls together and stirred.


My lil’ helper is so cute, isn’t she?!


I don’t know what I would do without her?!


After layers and layers, we made it to here… Looking very scrumptious, huh?


PERFECTION!


There is a story behind that little cute cow, but I must share later. I just had to get a close up, it’s too cute not to show you.


I believe it was Easter holiday, and my mom and Aunt Louella had gone to Billy’s house for dinner. My mother had called me afterwards telling me about a dessert that Billy-Bob (Kelly’s mom) had made. She mentioned that is was the best banana pudding she has ever had. I asked my mom to get the recipe for me. I am so thankful she did, because she was precise, this is by far the best banana pudding ever! She did mention that it was from Paula Deen. Google the recipe. It is a winner for summer time desserts!