Monday, June 6, 2011

Cook-Out & Snacks

I spent the last twenty-one days driving Jayce to school and then back to the new house for appointments, then back again to get Jayce home from school. The car has 3500 more miles on it than it did before we moved. This, I noted, is nearly as many miles as I drove all last year. Therefore, this weekend we regrouped and relaxed. Meaning, we did not go anywhere all weekend (except for Church), no shopping, or no dinners out, just one of those plain-old lounge around the house kinda weekends. When we have these types of weekends, our food choices are random and frequent. I tend to make large meals, I guess it is due to my upbringing and coming from an extended family, but I also make small portions of snacks often throughout the day.

What can I say? Let’s get snacking….

BJ and Troy talk on the phone daily, maybe multiple times a day, I dunno. During one of their conversations this weekend, Troy mentioned that he made some french-fries for something he attended. BJ then decided he wanted me to make some of my fried potatoes for a snack.

A better close-up to let you know that I make some of the best fried-potatoes in the south of Texas, I GUARANTEE it! At least, this is what I am told!


Here is a picture, before tostitos chips were added, of fresh avocado with garlic, lime, onion, and tomatoes for dipping.


Preparing corn for the grill.


Between snacking and grilling, we hung pictures.


The dining room is complete for now. I do want to add a buffet table though.


Take a peek at some of our dinner. I know for a fact I have mentioned this before, but BJ makes superb steaks. The steak to the far right was seasoned with bourbon and brown sugar.


You are so funny, Jayce!