Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Epic Fail Brownies

Ok, so these brownies were an epic fail because I burned them. However, I will try again. The picture is before I baked it in the oven.


The recipe ingredients are as follows

2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
6 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 cup almond butter
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup maple syrup
¼ cup cassava flour
¼ cup 100% cacao powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of sea salt

Optional Topping
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 ounces 100% cacao chocolate bar, unsweetened
Pinch of coarse sea salt
*recipe by Dr. Hyman

First, I added the water to the flaxseed and let it sit while  I mixed all the wet ingredients then I added the flaxseed, flour, and cacao powder. Mixed well and added to pan.


I added the coconut oil to the parchment paper. It should be an 8x8 pan lined and bake for 30 minutes. The recipe stated to grease a top parchment paper and press down until flat, but I feel I flattened it to much. 








Then I made the chocolate drizzle.  


These were suppose to be fudgy almond brownies, but not so much for me this time. I will get it next time though! Maybe you will have better luck than I did. Overall, full of fiber, protein, and good stuff.