Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Get Away 2011

I am having a hard time trying to figure how to start this post. Instead of agonizing over the wording or what pictures to post, let me just put it out there. We decided to bring in the New Year at a resort. I bet your thinking a road trip was involved. Well, we did pack clothing for a couple of days, but the ironic thing is we did not go far, not far at all. We actually live in the neighborhood adjacent to the resort. I have over thirty images to post so I’ll probably break it up over a few different post.

I guess a good place to start is our room and the views, which by the way were incredible!


The JW Marriot is a resort with a PGA golf course, which BJ was able to play 18 holes on one of the two courses available. Not a bad way to bring in the new year…


We woke up early on New Year’s Eve and packed clothing for a couple of days then loaded the truck and drove through the neighborhood in which we arrived in just a few minutes.


I did not book a suite. I wish I would have but since we were only there a short time, it was no big deal. The actual room was small, but the bathroom was uniquely large with a HUGE stand in shower. The only other time I have seen such an elaborate bathroom was when we spent Christmas in Prague. We did have a nice balcony with some incredible views of the pool and golf course.


I like this picture of Jayce, it cracks me up! I have my eye on you! LoL.



The view was nice of the resort’s water park. At night, we slept with the drapes open because the lights sparkling off the pool were relaxing to see. And yes, people were swimming. The temperature outside was in the low 60’s but the pool was heated.




The golf course was peaceful and so beautiful. Living in the hill country part of San Antonio is wonderful, just difficult when out for a jog. BJ did have a cart provided to drive around the course when he played golf.


Lana is adorable in this picture. For the most part, she always has a smile ready for the camera.



Well, I think I made a good start in sharing our New Year plans, but I will have to continue on later this week. Happy New Year, all!