Sunday, April 11, 2010

Food For Thought

Last night I cooked one of BJ’s favorite meals, Sausage Rice Creole. It is a simple southern dish and goes well with any vegetable and cheese biscuits are always a success! I have included the recipe for you to try it out.


Dice a bell pepper and onion, set aside. Cut and slice sausage (I prefer to use a turkey sausage or all beef, it is healthier!) but you can use any favorite sausage, just lightly season it with fresh cracked black pepper. Next, heat the seasoned sausage in a pan for a few minutes until lightly brown then add diced bell pepper and onion. Cook until onion and bell pepper are tender.


Add two-three small cans of tomato sauce and 4-6 ounces of water depending on how much tomato sauce is used. Finally, let simmer for about 20 minutes! Didn’t I say simple?!

When ready serve over rice with vegetables and cheese biscuits or any other favorite hearty bread! By the way, it tastes spectacular reheated the next day!

This morning I baked blueberry muffins. I thought this picture I took afterwards would get the point across that the aroma undeniably filled the air!