Friday, February 27, 2009

Be Happy, Smile Often

I’m a happy person. I’m happy for many reasons. For as long as I can remember people have always commented on my sheer happiness, or ask me why I’m always so happy and smiling. The answer is clear and NO, it’s not because of the material things I have, but because I choose to be happy! I’m thankful for the “material things” we have, but those things don’t empower me or make me feel I’ve accomplished anything more than anyone else. Instead, I choose to make clear conscious decisions based on my family’s needs because I value myself and my family to provide them the best that I can. I do so in all aspects of our life not just with the “material things”.

Although I’ve had my fair share of let downs (everyone has disappointments) and believe me I’ve had my share of disagreements with others, and have also been in bad situations, but I decided long ago how I would react to negativity and I’ve always made the choice to focus on the good. I always make it a point to find something good about everyone and everything (even if it’s someone or something that is not my favorite). I feel that when a person is happy and grateful with what life offers them, and not how it compares to others, it becomes abundant in all aspects!! My life is rich with love and peace, prosperity and wealth, my family, friends, and all of us being healthy.

These are a few reasons why I smile often, not to mention, a few Prada handbags or maybe it was the relaxation full body massage I had at the spa yesterday??!! LOL.

Keep smiling, and choose how you react to the not so good moments… I’m off to the gym…