Friday, June 29, 2012

Jayce First J.O.B.

Yes, it is true. Jayce now has a J. O. B. Those that know me are aware I have had apprehensions about Jayce working. I know the importance of responsibility and all the benefits to his independence, but I just did not want to put extra stress on him or want him to lose focus on his studies. Not to mention, I do not want him to rush growing up. Nevertheless, it is happening. And, happening way too fast for me. I remind myself its summer and he is enjoying himself. When school starts, he has assured me that education will come first.

He’s working at a independent restaurant called Lenny’s BBQ as a server. All the food is cooked fresh daily and homemade. It’s delicious. Jayce is eating well every day too! Considering how much food he consumes daily, it’s a good fit for him. LoL. So far, he’s made a pretty descent amount in tips too. The restaurant will be featured on the Food Network and the owners are in the process of opening a second location near the Medical Center. I’m so proud of Jayce, he’s a GREAT kid!