Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recent Happenings By iPhone Images

A quick easy post for an interesting couple of weeks, it is the type of thing I get excited about - simple, but not boring. I thought I would share with you the little things in life that keep things moving forward here in the 210. These pictures were taken with my cell phone.

Our neighborhood is still being developed and I was excited to see streetlights being placed within the community. There will be two posted near our house, but not too close. This is a picture of one of them on the empty lot across the street on the corner.


Our home was pre-plumbed for a water softener and after it was installed I texted a picture to BJ so that he could see it.

The security people came today actually to install additional keypad and fix the siren in the home, the system is very nice and secure as the whole house is equipped and monitored. I am pleased overall thus far.


I am the biggest nerd, I know. I labeled all the garage door openers. It is much easier to remember.

Lately, we have been eating dinner on Italy time, which translates to very late. I thought it would make sense to share it, in part, because it's ridiculous how we go out so late to eat and how much BJ and I love Mexican food. A few nights we have been eating dinner as late as 10:30pm due to sporadic schedule. This particular night we went to a burrito bar, it reminded me of our favorite spot, Machismo Burrito Bar, in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. This new burrito bar favorite of ours is funky, fresh, and oh so tasty. And, the burrito’s are GIGANTIC.


The next few pictures below are of the décor as well. Love it!




If you have a large appetite, and want something more than bite-sized, then you must eat here! I ordered the small one and ended up only eating half and saving the rest for later. Now, looking down at the example in the picture, the first two don’t seem so big, but they are. BJ & Jayce ordered the second size from top to bottom. I can only imagine who would eat the largest size available. Gee, that thing is massive!


Now, look at the "small" below... It's not so small, huh?


We noticed three holes in the backyard just like this one…. Snakes, maybe? We do live on a greenbelt in a more rural area.


On cloudless days, my kitchen door opens onto a sunny Texas sized covered back patio. I get the occasional visitor - a gray stray cat, wasps, butterflies, big spiders, and scorpions. It is always a surprise...We set up services for pest control to prevent those critters from coming indoors. The exterminator came out to the house and this “rhino beetle” came out from that hole above. It reminded me of the beetle in Bugs Life. LoL!


The name Lock-N-Load for a gun shop gets cool points in my opinion!

Last night, BJ accidently cut his thumb and needed stitches. Like I said, simple- and never boring in the 210!