Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Travel Tuesday-Hike In Bavaria, Germany

I consider myself a passionate traveler. I like the adventure and excitement of each place. I feel very blessed with my life, and especially thankful that I have had the opportunity to experience other cultures way of life and traditions. That said, I am even more grateful that my children have shared the same experience. I do not think I will ever stop exploring. We will forever be world travelers!


While in Bavaria, we went to see the sights and the Castles in the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen. After a bus ride through the mountains, there was a bit of a hike to get to the Neuschwanstein Palace, which was the inspiration of the Walt Disney Castle in Sleeping Beauty.



The hike along the way was absolutely breath taking. I mean, It is never a question of going back to Germany, it is more like, "When will we go back to Germany?"



There was always an element of surprise as you looked all around. The views were incredible!




All the little moments along the way were intriguing. The walk across this bridge (pictured below) was awe-inspiring and intimidating because of being so high. BJ would not even go across because he is scared of heights.



It is completely understandable why the Neuschwanstein Castle is one of the most popular tourist destinations in all of Europe!