Friday, March 26, 2010

The Art Of Fine Cooking

I am so excited that I will be getting new cookware soon! I have been searching for the past few months and have narrowed it down to copper cookware by Falk. I was debating between Falk, Mauviel, and Bourgeat. Although the three are similar in price, I feel Falk is the leader in the industry and the warranty and upkeep will be the best solution for me.

Falk Culinair is manufactured near Brussels, Belgium and they only have one retailer for the USA. Mauviel is equally great, beautiful in appearance! But, it seems a bit over the top, as it is very shiny (not so much my style) but it can be purchased at Williams & Sonoma or other high-end department stores. Borgeat is nice too. Again, it has that mirror finish, and can generally be found on sale at Amazon. Unlike Falk, Mauviel and Borgeat carry various lines made with different grades of copper. With Falk, there is one, the best! Most cooper cookware is made using Falk's bimetal technology, which saves on cost by not having to re-tin the cookware. Indeed, I am happy!

"Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great"….


Oh, since Easter is approaching, I thought I would share my favorite tastes of chocolates… Well, I can't share the actual chocolates, only the websites… Try them though, very luscious.


Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut