Friday, January 8, 2010

T.G.I. F.- Upcoming Plans


This week I wanted to focus on TGIF. We are ecstatic about our upcoming move to Texas!! It’s something that we have wanted for quite some time and thrilled that our dreams are becoming a reality.

I am so grateful for our life and the direction it is leading. I have complete trust that everything we desire will come full circle has we begin the ground work for establishing our new home, schools, jobs, etc.

We have always known we were going to retire in Texas, so for us to get there a few years earlier makes this all the more special for us. And, since this is our final destination we have been speaking with an architect with a few select builders to draw up our floor plans while looking at master planned developments to buy land. We have two particular areas in mind (both quite beautiful), but will make our final decision once we arrive. These are very big decisions so we are not taking it lightly; we want to make sure we find the perfect fit for our family! Since we are planning to have our home custom built to suit our needs and wants, the overall process will take about a year or longer to complete. But, taken as a whole, I trust it will be well worth the wait!

I was looking through our folder of our favorite floor plans (we’ve been searching thoroughly) and wanted to add a picture for inspiration since we don’t have the final plans drawn up as of yet. We still have many decisions to finalize…


Furthermore, last night, I had a wonderful phone conversation with the principal of the school that we hope for Jayce to attend. And, we are now beginning the application process! If all goes well, we should confirm his placement within the next few months or so.

I have ordered my study guides to prepare for the Texas board exams for licensure. I am excited to begin my new journey. I know at times it will be challenging, but I am ready to face those challenges!

Albert Einstein quoted, “Imagination is everything-It is the preview of life’s coming attractions”—as I have mentioned before, I can only image what God has planned for us, I trust it is beyond our highest expectations!

I am so very thankful for all of our victories both big and small!