Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Travel Tuesday- Foods Galore

Our Favorite Foods of Germany

I sparked this idea after I created our Thanksgiving menu and have since been preparing our Christmas menu. The holidays are such a creative way to explore new foods as well as prepare favorites such as, pecan pie, turkey, and stuffing that are always a staple for the holidays. I’ve been meaning to share this post for quite some time, but instead I have been enjoying my break from college and hanging around the house…

You may or may not share these same food ethos. But, I thought I would provide you with a general idea of some of our experiences that our taste buds have thoroughly enjoyed! I plan on posting other foods prepared from various regions of Europe we have visited and tasted as well.

Bon Appetite!

A true Chocolate German Cake.

Fish swathed in a crispy Lowenbrau Bier batter.

An overflowing plate of crackling roast pork belly, char-grilled kassler, chicken schnitzel and sausages (Yes, that is egg on top).

This twelve ounce well marbled rib-eye steak was seasoned with crushed peppercorns and seared to perfection.

Sauerkraut.

Salzstangen (hot soft German pretzel).

Oh, the choices!!

THE BEST chocolate croissant EVER!