Thursday, December 18, 2008

Birthday Wishes

The connection and depth of love between mothers and daughters is obvious. I have had countless conversations with my girlfriends about mothers. These conversations normally consist of our feelings towards our own mothers and the ideals we share about raising our own daughters. These conversations are usually quite long and invigorating.

Today is my mom’s birthday. She reads this blog daily so I thought I would provide her with a tribute. Today is her day.

So, in the spirit of blogging, here is a list of a few random things I love about my mom…

1. I love my mom’s unbridled enthusiasm for everything! She loves new experiences and embraces life to the fullest. She loves to go out to a great restaurant, movies, or any kind of adventure with us. And afterwards, she recounts every taste, detail, or texture for you so it becomes an unforgettable moment.

2. I love the fact that my mom is close to our children and us. She hangs out with Jayce playing games, eating late night snacks, and being around him as much as she can. She always makes sure she visits with us on a regular basis no matter what circumstance we have encountered with the military way of life. She has come to visit us at every duty station multiple times.

3. I love the fact that my mom chose to raise me by herself, although at times it was very difficult. My father was not active in my life, but my mom made up for it in countless ways. It showed me how to be independent and believe in myself.

4. I love the fact that my mom is very creative. She would always plan fun little activities for me as a child, like making homemade Christmas ornaments. More importantly, she engages my son in the same activities every time she visits.

5. I love my mom’s spontaneous character. Although growing up she encouraged me to plan and be prepared, at times she also would tell me to pack a bag last minute because we were going on an adventure. These were normally in the form of “ROAD TRIPS” and we always had a good time!

6. I love my mom’s spirit and her kind heart. She opens her heart to everyone.

7. I love the fact that when I was growing up, I would walk in my room and find a great new outfit laying on my bed that my mom had bought me for no apparent reason, or the amazing care packages we receive “just because”.

8. I love the fact that I can tell my mom exactly how I feel at any given moment or situation and she listens. I know sometimes I can drive her bonkers, but she loves me anyway.

9. I love the fact that my mom knows that I am very particular about things and although she does not always agree, she embraces my principles anyway.

10. I love my mom because she is MY MOM and the GRANDMOTHER to my children.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you! May your day be filled with many blessings!

Here are a few random photos to go along with the random post.

9 months old
9 years old

My Mom and my Aunt Lou (They are both so beautiful)


Jayce and Grandma in N.C.