Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What ? Another Project ?

Last night before going to bed, BJ told me to look outside because we had a delivery. I opened the front door and noticed a stack of bricks on the sidewalk. This morning, I woke up to a crew installing the bricks to our front porch area (with a flowerbed border soon to follow).


BJ has duty tonight, so of course I am snapping away so that he can see this blog post and how the brick makes over the porch area. This has been something we have wanted to do for awhile now, so It was a nice surprise.

The crew was great! They are bringing me back some photos and/or drawings so that I can see how the brick retaining wall will look prior to beginning. I want it to be something different and more original, so he came up with an idea of columns staggered, etc. I’m excited!


From looking at the picture above, I think a flowerbed border will look exceptional. What do you think? Do you have any ideas for the design?


I imagine folks think I’m crazy when I start snapping pictures of them…. LoL!




I love it. It looks pretty and it’s not even completed. It still has to dry for a few days then they will come back and acid wash the brick to remove the dust. I’ll post a picture next week.