Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good-Bye 2011, Hello 2012

There is no better way to describe 2011 for me except it was the best chaotic year on good terms. I completed my DT with Northeast Independent School District and received my teaching license (K-8). We moved (still on north side) but way out in the middle of no-where. I’ll never understand how we filled that beast of a truck with our stuff, and after a few trips from house A to house B, hours unpacking and organizing, we got settled. (It feels nice, too).

Let’s see, what else?

I took a bunch, I mean… a tremendous amount of photos. I spent time with family, met new friends and wonderful neighbors. My kiddo’s, Jayce and Lana, both started a new school. Jayce excelled academically way beyond my expectations and his focus became the “drumline.” Lana quite the genius herself blossomed every day in so many positive ways.

Then, there was the extremely close five-alarm fire!

I cannot forget that BJ made such an impact as an instructor that he was offered a position to travel and lecture to large groups regarding CE’s with Radiology and Nuclear Medicine pedagogies. He also decided to start Grad school.

Creeping into 2012, I fell like there is a clean stretch of road in front of me. Humble beginnings, I can say proudly. I’m looking forward to teaching. I have projects I am excited to spend more time with, places I can barely wait to visit, friends and family I hope to cross paths with again. More to the point, sticking with my hobby of taking pictures and documenting all of our most precious moments together.