Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riverwalk & Museums

My mom has been to visit us a couple of times so far these past couple of months. While on her first visit, we went to the Riverwalk and a couple of museums (The Alamo, Ripley’s, and The Wax). Although her visit was short each time, we still enjoyed our time together. Before heading out the door, Jayce decided to be silly while striking a pose with grandma!


The Riverwalk is always beautiful in my opinion. I could never get bored of walking down there. I wish I would have taken more photos but I am sure I will have plenty of more opportunities to do so.


I enjoyed taking in the scenery while watching the critters in the tree’s and the ducks swimming about in the water. The Riverwalk is so romantic and peaceful.




We bought tickets to go on the water boat; however, we did not go during that time due to the heat. You can bet I will be going this autumn.


I feel this is a great picture of BJ and Lana. She looks so grown up; we are slowly ending the baby days as she becomes more and more independent as each day passes.


I didn’t take many pictures of the Alamo, but will get more next time. We did get a few of us as we toured the area learning more about the Battle of The Alamo. The big tree was magnificent.










The Wax Museum was interesting and some of them disturbing. I took a few pictures of the figures displayed. Johhny Depp was my favorite; he is such a tiny dude.


The Ripley’s museums were super fun and cool! I liked all the funny and interesting stuff they had on display to view. Some of it was creepy!




This is one huge tire. Jayce and I could not help ourselves.....FUN!